Friday, February 1, 2008

A MS Project 2007 Crazy Error: My Tasks is now not working???

I have completed one installation and implementation for PS2k7 at one organization, it worked fine for around 2 months, suddenly the My task did not work for some users but it is working for the others

I knew that there is a corrupted assignment and the only solution for me was to roll out the project from the last copy just before the issue starts

I found this post in the Internet that approach this issue in a very logical way, the suggested solution can figure out the corrupted task and gives a walk around solution for this,  and it was posted by: Rod Gill, Microsoft MVP for Project

for more details about Rod please check the button of this post

Now I will let you with the  post

"

if you add a new resource that already has % complete>0 then
there is still a bug (after SP1) that causes a corrupt assignment. The
symptoms are that the resource cannot access My Tasks.
The following SQL will highlight which assignment is corrupted:

 
SELECT MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_NAME, MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.TASK_NAME,
MSP_RESOURCES.RES_NAME, MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.ASSN_UID,
MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.PROJ_UID,
MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.TASK_UID, MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.RES_UID
FROM MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED INNER JOIN
MSP_PROJECTS ON MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.PROJ_UID =
MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_UID INNER JOIN
MSP_RESOURCES ON MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.RES_UID =
MSP_RESOURCES.RES_UID
WHERE (NOT EXISTS
(SELECT TASK_UID
FROM MSP_TASKS_SAVED
WHERE (TASK_UID =
MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.TASK_UID)))
--Run against Published Database
As far as I'm aware the only work around is not to add a new assignment to a
partially completed task. Instead create a copy of the task and assign the
new resource to it. A pain I know!

Rod Gill,

Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Microsoft Project VBA. For details visit:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

"

Best Regards

Bilal Okour

 

1 comment:

DBA said...

Thank you for your article