Thursday, February 21, 2008

MS Project 2007 :: installing SP1 result in Stopping Microsoft Office Project Server Events Service

sw_testingYes, this true because it happened with me, after installing WSS 3.0 SP1 I started installing Ms Project Server 2007 SP1, exactly in step 5 it stop and throw an exception tilling that the Microsoft Office Project Server Events Service was not able to get started !!??

After searching completely the "Whole Internet" I found one post talking about this issue

and what I came to know that this service trying to access the Internet address

http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSignPCA.crl

but the network setup did not allow this (this is true and expected for the ideal and secure network). I was sure that this is my issue that stopped me from completing my work in the last 2 days.

So, the only solution suggested by my colleagues in Networks and Systems department is to allow Internet Access in complete during the installation of SP1 then remove it

It work, yes, but for me I consider this a stupid bug regardless of the person who wrote the code unless it is a policy to catch the people who are using the unlicensed copies

Best Regards

Bilal Okour