Traditional resource types are
- materials (used to complete tasks that make a project)
In Enterprise environment we have two domains
- Global: Means related to the whole organization
- Locale: related to the current project
So accordingly the resources can be classified as the following
- Enterprise resources Each of these resources can be shared across multiple projects. Typically, the list of enterprise resources is managed by an administrator , and each project manager adds these resources to their projects as needed.
- Non-enterprise resources A non-enterprise resource, or local resource, is not a part of the list of resources for the whole organization. No other project manager can use your non-enterprise resources in their projects.
Now the resource also can be classify according to the certainty
- Specific Resource: By name, for example Ali, Omar, khalil. this means that you already have this employee among your team
- Generic resources Generic resources are used to specify the staffing requirements for a project, such as carpenters and developers, or a team of resources.